Ale's Last Ninja Engine
Some older info from Alessio Perardi, the author:
"In my idea it should work without a 3D card on a pentium 120, but it's not sure.
Armakuni already runs, does punches, kicks, jumps & so on... but 3D backgrounds are poor and textures horrible.
I'd just like you (& everyone else) to spread the word on my work. If you have ideas,
suggestions, potential maps or anything else...you know my email!"
Features, currently implemented:
"I also did gfx for elemental enemies (once beaten they should give Armakuni
their magic powers, maybe they could be level bosses, not sure). Also I've done
a two player mode, but I don't know how to harmonize it with the game plot...
I think I'll do a 2P versus mode besides the game, a little like Barbarian 1,
with special levels."
- Ninja movements, punches, kicks, flying kicks, jumps OK
- Last Ninja 1 stuff like Buddha suggestions
- Ninja magic: Armakuni can become invisible for 10 secs. and become a tree
- Intelligent Enemies - 90%
- Collisions - 50%
- Oriental backgrounds - OK
- Many chars: 4 types of guards, Shinobi reminding colored ninjas & so on.
"Due to a technical problem on one of my harddrives, approx 70% of the grafx of
my ninja game are lost forever!!! This definitely won't stop my project, but
there will be a big delay. God damn Bill Gates and Windows!
Anyway it's a chance to reorganize my work more rationally after holidays.
And last but not least, the main program is safe. I'll keep you updated in the future."